What would a Fall Banner be without some Buffalo Check?
When I started thinking about this project, I had about a million ideas running through my head (all in the middle of the night, of course).
After tossing and turning it over in my sleepless head, I finally had a plan and couldn’t wait until morning to start crafting.
You know…at 4am the house is very quiet.
I started the DOstamperSTARS Thursday “Color My World” Challenge as the starting point for my color inspiration.
I have to be honest…2 out of the 3 colors are NOT favorites of mine, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and use them. And I have to say, I am pleased with the end result.
What is your favorite color?
Blackberry Bliss is currently my favorite – I was thrilled when Stampin’ Up! brought it back!
I love that this project can be displayed for several months, welcoming people as they come into my home.
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
- Stamp Set: Buffalo Check
- Paper: Joyous Noel Glimmer Pack, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss, Vellum
- Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss
- Accessories: Nature’s Twine
- Tools: Big Shot, Large Letter Framelits, Delicate Lace Edgelits, Starburst Punch, 1/8″ Circle Handheld Punch
- Adhesive: Foam Adhesive Strips, Tear & Tape
It’s All in the Details:
- tone on tone stamping adds a subtle texture and pattern (the Blackberry Bliss was a bit camera shy, except for the close up)
- Adhesive Foam Strips lift the Copper Glimmer letters up a bit, creating more interest for the eye
Buffalo Check Fall Banner
- Stamp Buffalo Check onto cardstock (3″ x 6″) with coordinating ink. Notch bottom edge to create flags for banner.
- Die cut top trim detail with Delicate Lace Edgelits from scrap cardstock and Large Letters from Copper Glimmer Paper. Punch Vellum with Starburst Punch.
- Adhere letters to Vellum with Adhesive Foam Strips. Vellum and trim are adhered with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Punch holes at top with 1/8″ Handheld Circle Punch, thread with Blackberry Bliss Nature’s Twine.
- Hang up banner and enjoy!
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
shop with Dawn – Reminder: Bonus Days end Friday 8/31
Last Call for Blended Seasons Bundle – ends Friday 8/31
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Sign up for my Monthly Newsletter – filled with tips, tricks, inspiration and more!
Buffalo Check Fall Banner Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Click on Color Names below to see coordinating Stampin’ Up! products
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥