Sending a Healing Hugs Get Well Soon card is easy with this beautiful photorealistic flower.
The DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge for this week it is a “showCASE” Challenge.
I enjoy the “showCASE” challenge because it gives me an opportunity to take an image from the catalog and CaSE it (Copy and Share Everything).
It also gives me an opportunity to try new things…
- color combination
- layout or design
- new stamp sets, tools or embellishments
I strongly encourage you to pull out your catalog and try it! I would love to see the creative projects you come up with!
This week I was inspired by the need for a get well card.
- I love the vibrant colors used in this card as well as the sentiment.
- Unfortunately (or fortunately-depending on how you look at it), I don’t have either of the stamp sets (Sorry for Everything and Bunch of Blossoms) used in the original so I opted to try out the new Healing Hugs stamp set.
- I love the beautiful floral image featured in this set and I know you will too!
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
- Stamp Set: Healing Hugs
- Paper: Granny Apple Green, Whisper White
- Ink: Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Grapefruit Grove, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight
- Accessories: Nature’s Twine, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls
- Tools: Wink of Stella, Big Shot, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL
- Technique: layer darker ink onto edge of flowers
It’s All in the Details:
- The floral image is a new patent pending Distinktive stamp created by Stampin’ Up! employees.
- These stamps are textured with varying densities of concentrated rubber resulting in ink opacities that produce a realistic complexity and intensity.
- All you have to do is stamp the image onto Whisper White cardstock and the stamp does all the work for you, adding beautiful details.
- Did you notice the Subtle embossed texture on the Whisper White layer? It is the new Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder & I am absolutely in love with it!
Healing Hugs Get Well Soon Card
- On Whisper White (4″ x 5-1/4″) cardstock, stamp sentiment with Soft Suede ink, emboss with Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot. Adhere onto folded Granny Apple Green (4-1/4″ x 11″) card base.
- Leaves are stamped with Granny Apple Green ink, flowers stamped in Daffodil Delight ink with Calypso Coral sponged on edges onto Whisper White cardstock. Trim with Paper Snips.
- Tie Nature’s Twine around top card. Adhere leaves and flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Wink of Stella to flower petals and Artisans Pearls for a little shimmer.
- Address an envelope, write a message inside and drop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Sign up for my Monthly Newsletter – filled with tips, tricks, inspiration and more!
Healing Hugs Get Well Soon Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥