The Beautiful Day stamp set is perfect with its simple images of a flower and a butterfly with a stained glass look. Color them in and make them your own.
The DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge for this week is a “Sketch Pad*” Challenge.
This week I was inspired by the sketch above as well as a need to create several birthday cards.
I love the versatility of this card, by simply switching up the Designer Series Paper, colors or sentiment you could create a variety of cards quickly without giving yourself a brain cramp!
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
- Stamp Set: Beautiful Day
- Paper: Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper, Soft Sea Foam & Whisper White card stock
- Ink: Shaded Spruce
- Tools: Daisy Punch, Triple Banner Punch & 1/2″ Circle Punch
- Accessories: Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, Nature’s Twine, Faceted Dots
It’s All in the Details: To give my flower extra fullness and some sparkle I used a combination of Whisper White and Sparkle Glimmer Paper. I also like to add small embellishments in odd numbers for added interest.
Beautiful Day Daisy Birthday Card
- On Soft Sea Foam cardstock (1″ x 4″), stamp sentiment with Shaded Spruce ink, trim with Triple Banner Punch.
- Adhere 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ piece Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) onto 4″ x 5-1/4″ Soft Sea Foam cardstock. Tie Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle around layer and adhere to folded Soft Sea Foam (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″) card base. Tie bow with Calypso Coral Twine around the Tulle knot.
- Punch 2 Whisper White flowers and 1 Sparkle Glimmer Paper flower. Layer and adhere together with Glue Dots. Punch 1/2″ circle from Soft Sea Foam card stock, adhere to center of flower with Glue Dot.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere flower and sentiment to card front. Add Faceted Dots wherever your heart desires.
- Address an envelope, write a message inside and drop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
A closer look…
The new Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper is absolutely stunning with all of the images from nature and the beautiful mix of colors.
I have lots of projects planned using this gorgeous paper!
To see the other Designer Series Paper patterns from the 2018-19 Annual Catalog and their coordinating colors, CLICK HERE!
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Sign up for my Monthly Newsletter – filled with tips, tricks, inspiration and more!
Beautiful Day Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥