When the Petal Palette stamp set was not on the “Retiring List” I was thrilled!
Because I purchased the entire suite of products and then didn’t have an opportunity to play with it!
So, I am thrilled to have more time to create with this beautiful stamp set and matching framelits.
Remember: the bundle will be retiring on May 31st…so order them as soon as possible.
Time for the DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge, this week it is a “showCASE” Challenge.
This week I was inspired by trying to recreate the look of the Designer Series Paper and creating a pink flower.
I love how the Basic Black layer turned out on this card.
And it was so simple to create, see directions are below.
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: Petal Palette
Paper: Shimmery White, Basic Black
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Basic Black Archival or Stazon
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Wink of Stella, Petal Pairs TIEF, Petals & More Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot
It’s All in the Details:
Petal Palette Card
- On Shimmery White cardstock, stamp floral image with Basic Black Archival or Stazon ink, die cut with Petals & More Thinlits. Die cut Shimmery White cardstock circle with Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Use Petal Pairs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to emboss Basic Black cardstock (2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″).
- Stamp sentiment with Whisper White Craft ink onto Basic Black cardstock, set aside to dry. For background layer, gently drag edge of ink pad over embossed image on Basic Black cardstock to transfer a light layer of ink to the paper. TIP: use a very light hand because you can always add more ink but can’t take it away. Set aside to dry, craft ink dries slower than regular ink and you don’t want to smudge it.
- Color flowers and leaves with Watercolor Pencils, using Blender Pen to soften harsh lines. Add a little shimmer with Wink of Stella Glitter Pen. TIP: I used the Watercolor Pencils from the Lots of Happy Card Kit-Rich Razzleberry, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive & Lemon LIme Twist. Flirty Flamingo & Lemon LIme Twist are exclusive to this kit.
- Adhere embossed layer onto folded Basic Black card base (2-1/2″ x 9″). Trim sentiment. Adhere circle, floral image and sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add Shimmery White cardstock to inside of card for your special message.
- Address an envelope and drop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Sign up for my Monthly Newsletter – filled with tips, tricks, inspiration and more!
Petal Palette Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥