Time for the DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge, this week it is a “Sketch Pad” Challenge.
Sympathy cards are not fun and exciting to make and quite honestly I avoid them…
I know that I shouldn’t because usually when you need them is not a great time to come up with an idea on the fly.
So, I thought this week is a good time to create a sympathy card for a couple reasons….
- I need two of them
- I tend to avoid them (which I disclosed earlier).
This card was relatively quick to put together put it looks more difficult than it actually is.
I love layers and textures of this card: subtle embossing, velvet ribbon, colored vellum.
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: Painted Glass – coming June 1st
- Rich Razzleberry (card base: 4-1/4″ x 11″, embossed layer: 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″)
- Very Vanilla (1″ x 3-1/2″)
- Graceful Glass Designer Vellum (1-3/4″ x 5-3/8″) – coming June 1st
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Stampin’ Blends: Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry combo packs
Accessories: Big Shot, Triple Banner Punch, Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon – coming June 1st, Stained Glass Thinlit Dies – coming June 1st
It’s All in the Details: If you look closely, you will be able to see some embossing behind the vellum layer,
I created that by using the Stained Glass Thinlits and my Silicone Craft Sheet, to emboss instead of cut…Isn’t that super cool!
Graceful Glass Sympathy Card
- Color Graceful Glass Vellum panel with Stampin’ Blends.
- On Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp sentiment with Rich Razzleberry ink, punch ends with Triple Banner Punch. Stamp butterflies and die cut with Stained Glass Thinlit Dies.
- To create embossed layer make a “sandwich” and roll through Big Shot: Big Shot Platform, Precision Base Plate, Silicone Craft Mat, Rich Razzleberry card stock, Thinlit, Standard (clear) Cutting Pad.
- Adhere embossed layer and Vellum panel onto folded card base. TIP: Adhesive will show through on Vellum layer, use care to strategically hide it behind the sentiment banner.
- Ribbon adheres to Vellum with SNAIL adhesive and banner is attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Address an envelope, write a message inside and drop in the mailbox to show someone that you care.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Graceful Glass Sympathy Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥