Time for the DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge, this week it is a “Home Sweet Home” Challenge.
This week I was inspired by
- shape of the tiles
- muted colors reminiscent of sea glass
- and a card that I saw when I got a sneak peek at the new 2018-19 Annual Catalog (one of my favorite perks of being a part of the Stampin’ Up! family).
I had an idea in my head…
and that is exactly where it stayed.
This isn’t unusual for me because I often get busy creating and soon my original idea has morphed into something very different and often time much better!
Ready to see it?
I love vibrant blue color and the subtle shimmer combination of this card.
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: Eastern Beauty
- Thick Whisper White : 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Shimmery White: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, 2-1/2″ square for sentiment
- Watercolor Paper
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: approx. 3″ square
- Night of Navy: 3″ square
Ink: Night of Navy (sentiment)
Accessories: Brusho Crystal Colour-Prussion Blue, Big Shot, Eastern Medallions Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framlits, Layering Circle Framelits, Tailored Tag Punch, Metallic-Edge Ribbon, SNAIL adhesive, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
It’s All in the Details: I love lots of glimmer and shimmer…on everything.
TIP: to add shimmer to EVERYTHING, I took a small spray bottle, filled it with rubbing alcohol and a disassembled Wink of Stella Glitter Pen, give it a shake and spritz away!!
Eastern Beauty Brusho
- On Shimmery White cardstock, stamp sentiment with Night of Navy ink, die cut with Stitched Shape Framelits. Adhere to scalloped circle die cut with Layering Circle Framelits. Adhere sentiment layers to Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper medallion die cut with Eastern Medallions Thinlits.
- Sprinkle Brusho Crystal Colour onto Watercolor Paper, spritz with water or wink of stella shimmer spritz (see TIP above). Set aside to dry.
- Use Tailored Tag punch to create several “tiles” from colored watercolor paper. Arrange on Shimmery White panel, adhere with SNAIL and trim any that is hanging over edge.
- Attach Metallic-Edge ribbon with glue dots, trim ends. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere sentiment medallion to card front.
- Address an envelope, write a message inside and drop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Eastern Beauty Brusho Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more