Gourd Goodness was not on my original “I want this stamp set NOW!” list but that quickly changed.
- the sentiment
- the two step stamping details
- the variety of gourds…Gourds galore in this stamp set! Decorate your house AND your projects with these plants and bring some color into that fall!
My project for today is part of the DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge.
I was inspired by the beautiful pumpkins on the square pillows resting on the neutral colored sofa.
The detail on the pumpkins is what sold me on this stamp set – they look like I might have some super secret technique or talent but I don’t, instead I have a great stamp set that did all the shading and details for me.
This card went together is a matter of minutes and looks like I spent much more time and energy on it than I actually did.
You will love how quickly you can make a handful of these beauties to send out those special people in your life.
I like to keep a couple cards in my hand bag to give to people I meet throughout my day…
the clerk at the grocery store,
the barista at the coffee shop
the nurse at the doctor’s office
or the any one that looks like they could use a little “pick me up”.
What did I use to create this Gourd Goodness beauty?
(scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: Gourd Goodness
Paper: Very Vanilla
Ink: Peekaboo Peach, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede and Early Espresso
Accessories: Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Stitched Shapes Framelits
It’s All in the Details:
- monochromatic background with texture – the embossing adds a subtle detail without screaming “Hey LOOK at me!” keeping the focus on the gourds and the message.
- two step stamping tip:
- lighter color (Peekaboo Peach) on the less detailed image
- darker color (Pumpkin Pie) on the more detailed image
- Soft Suede stamped off once for less detailed stem and full strength for detailed stem
- Early Espresso: sentiment
Thank Goodness for You Card – Cardstock Measurements
- Thick Very Vanilla: 4-1/2″ x 11″ (card base)
- Very Vanilla: 4′ x 5-1/4″ (embossed layer), 2-3/4″ square (gourd image) and 1-3/4″ square (sentiment)
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Sign up for my Monthly Newsletter – filled with tips, tricks, inspiration and more!
Gourd Goodness Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Designer Series Paper Sale – ends Oct 31
click image for details
Merry Patterns Host Promotion – Sept/Oct
- Promotion period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to the host promotion and will not be available after October 31
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $300 USD/$375 CAD (before shipping and handling)
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order
- Orders must be closed by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
Paper Pumpkin Promo – ends Nov 10
Have you ever noticed that the Christmas holidays sometimes sneak up on us? And since getting behind on holiday prep is so easy to do, now is the perfect time to sign up for Paper Pumpkin (or renew your subscription). Why? During October and November, subscribers will receive two straight months of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects—with everything you need delivered straight to your door. And because our kits are pre-cut and ready to assemble, you can get that handmade, heartfelt touch in plenty of time for gifting.
We also carefully designed our Season of Style projects so crafters of all skill levels could feel a sense of accomplishment and say: “Wow, I made all of this cute stuff myself!”
Important note: To get October’s kit you must subscribe by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 10 at https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2121697
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥