Painted Autumn Suite was my inspiration for this week’s project. I love the beautiful watercolored look of the images and Designer Series Paper and the sentiments seemed to really touch my heart.
Painted Autumn Vellum Panel Card
Look at how the vellum softens the colors of the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper in this card-I just love it!
Inspiration for this card was a card I had seen that was created by Jennifer McGuire and knew I had to give it a try.
A great card design can be altered slightly and used for lots of different occasions.
Quickly change the look by switching up the…
- Designer Series Paper
- stamp set & sentiments
- ribbon or accessories
- the options are only limited by your imagination and your craft stash
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: Painted Harvest
Paper: Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla Thick cardstock
Ink: Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Peekaboo Peach, Versamark
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, 1/4″ Copper Trim, Metallic Foil Doily
It’s All in the Details:
I used lots of copper in this card because I LOVE IT!
- 1/4″ Copper Trim
- Copper Heat Embossing (sentiment)
- Custom Made Copper Doily (see instructions at bottom)
Tips & Tricks for Stampin’ like a Pro
Whether you’ve ever used this autumn-themed set or not, one of its most endearing attributes is that it gives you the look and feel of painting with watercolors. And, like any work of art, there are many factors that influence your final product. This set was designed to help give your stamps a one-of-a-kind feel and is meant to mimic the nature of watercolor, I think it is absolutely gorgeous!
For the perfectionists among us (or those simply looking to master your craft), here are some tips and tricks for stampin’ like a pro!
- Stamp all layers of the image
- Make sure your ink pads are well inked
- Nice, even pressure when stamping will give the best image
- Use the Stampin’ Pierce Mat
- Lighter colors won’t show up as deeply as darker colors, something to keep in mind
- Play around with saturation levels (e.g., stamping full strength vs. stamping off) to get the look you desire
- The stamp coordinates well with but is not supposed to match the flowers on the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Painted Autumn Vellum Panel Card Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Painted Autumn Suite Shopping List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the pictures above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
A Season of Style – Paper Pumpkin Promotion – Sept 11-November 10, 2017
Have you ever noticed that the Christmas holidays sometimes sneak up on us? And since getting behind on holiday prep is so easy to do, now is the perfect time to sign up for Paper Pumpkin (or renew your subscription). Why? During October and November, subscribers will receive two straight months of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects—with everything you need delivered straight to your door. And because our kits are pre-cut and ready to assemble, you can get that handmade, heartfelt touch in plenty of time for gifting.
The Season of Style projects were carefully designed so crafters of all skill levels could feel a sense of accomplishment and say: “Wow, I made all of this cute stuff myself!”
Important note: To get October’s kit you must subscribe by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 10 at https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2121697
Merry Patterns Host Promotion – Sept/Oct
- Promotion period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to the host promotion and will not be available after October 31
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $300 USD/$375 CAD (before shipping and handling)
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order
- Orders must be closed by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 31
- Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
One Last Look…
To create Custom Made Metallic Doily:
- Stamp Versamark Ink onto Metallic Foil Doily
- Cover with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Use Heat Tool to melt Stampin’ Emboss Powder
Easy as 1-2-3!
I hope you will give this technique a try. I would love to know what you think of this super easy technique.
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥