I was recently challenged by my friend and upline, Dawn Olchefske, to take a few pieces from the Memories & More Color Theory Card Pack, combine them with a few pieces of coordinating product and create a card.
Sounds a little like those cooking shows where they give you some ingredients and expect you to create a meal.
Thankfully, the card pieces were not as obscure as some of the ingredients I’ve seen on the cooking shows.
The pieces I had to play with were:
- Crushed Curry card base (4-1/2″ x 11″)
- some Glitter Enamel Dots
- approximately 18″ Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding
- 3 pieces from the Memories & More Color Theory Card Pack
Boy, I wish I had taken a picture of the pieces before I started cutting things up!
But…here is the final project!
Comparable to a gourmet meal?
And I probably won’t win any awards but I am pleased with the final outcome.
This project gave me an opportunity to play with some products that I do not currently have in my personal craft stash as well as a chance to push myself to use a color (Crushed Curry) I don’t generally reach for when creating.
Here is an up close and personal peek at the Glitter Enamel Dots and some of the details.
Memories & More
Memories & More is the memory keeping system created by Stampin’ Up!
Coordinating packs of cards make it easy to put projects together quickly. Card packs are perfect for cardmaking, memory keeping, or any other project you can dream up. this simple, affordable system makes it easy to get started with just a few basic products.
Memories & More: Color Theory Shopping List
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
Merry Patterns Host Promotion – Sept/Oct
- Promotion period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to the host promotion and will not be available after October 31
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $300 USD/$375 CAD (before shipping and handling)
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order
- Orders must be closed by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
Paper Pumpkin – A Season of Style – Sept 11 to Nov 10, 2017
Have you ever noticed that the Christmas holidays sometimes sneak up on us? And since getting behind on holiday prep is so easy to do, now is the perfect time to sign up for Paper Pumpkin (or renew your subscription). Why? During October and November, subscribers will receive two straight months of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects—with everything you need delivered straight to your door. And because our kits are pre-cut and ready to assemble, you can get that handmade, heartfelt touch in plenty of time for gifting.
We also carefully designed our Season of Style projects so crafters of all skill levels could feel a sense of accomplishment and say: “Wow, I made all of this cute stuff myself!”
Important note: To get October’s kit you must subscribe by 11:50 PM (MT) on October 10 at https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=2121697
One Last Thing…or maybe Two
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥