Barn Quilt, who thought of it and why?
Well, let me tell you I was wondering the same thing and did a little research.
I’ve seen them painted on barns and thought they were pretty and a nice way to dress up a barn.
I had no idea of the back story until today when I learned of a lady named Donna Sue Groves and her desire to honor her mama, Maxine, by painting a quilt square and hanging it on the barn. The link to their story is below in the supply list section.
Time for the DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge, this week it is a “Home Sweet Home” Challenge.
This week I was inspired by…
- the wall of lovely wood planks
- And I’ve been itching to play with the new Quilt Builder Framelits that I was able to pre-order (one of my fav perks of being a demonstrator) from the Holiday Catalog (coming Sept 1).
I love that there is absolutely no stamping on this card.
What did I use to create this Barn Quilt beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Paper: Wood Texture Designer Series Paper Stack, Pool Party, Night of Navy
Tools: Quilt Builder Framelits (coming soon-9/1), Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder
It’s All in the Details: lots and lots of texture
- background-Pinewood Planks embossing folder
- quilt-Wood Texture Designer Series Paper
- quilt base-scalloped square
- scroll to very bottom for more quilt options
Barn Quilt Card
- Using Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing folder and Big Shot, emboss Night of Navy (4″ x 5-1/4″) cardstock. Adhere onto folded Pool Party (4-1/4″ x 11″) card base.
- Die cut largest scalloped square (Layering Squares Framelits) from Night of Navy (3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″), quilt frame from Pool Party (3″ x 3″) and quilt pieces from Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (3″ x 3″)-see TIP below.
- Adhere quilt frame to scalloped square, add quilt pieces inside frame, adhere quilt square to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Address an envelope, write a message inside and drop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
TIP: Use 2 different pieces of Wood Texture DSP for quilt pieces-flipping the corner and triangle pieces for color variation. Scroll to bottom of post to see other options.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin-first time subscribers save 50% off first kit! but only until 9/10/17
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
My Barn Quilt Card Supply List (click on products to shop online)
Where did the Barn Quilt begin? – Click Here for the story
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
Fall into Savings
Carols of Christmas Early Release-Available NOW
Want to see more ideas using this new Carols of Christmas bundle?
Check out this video for LOTS of ideas and inspiration.
Want to be able to purchase all of the products in the Holiday Catalog before anyone else?
Ready to join me and my stamping community?
Join my team and enjoy one of the perks of being able to order before the rest of the world
I look forward to welcoming you into our community!
♥ ♥ ♥
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥
More Barn Quilt Options