This week’s DOstamper STARS Thursday Challenge is a “Product Spotlight” featuring Stampin’ Up! Ink Refills.
And you thought Stampin’ Up! Ink Refills were only for re-inking your stamp pads…
This week I was inspired by finding ways to use Stampin’ Up! Ink Refills for something more exciting than merely re-inking my stamp pads.
I love that there is no stamping (unless you want to add a sentiment inside) on this card but it is filled with lots of fun and beads of silica gel (Warning: DO NOT EAT)!
What did I use to create this beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: N/A
Paper: Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper, Berry Burst, Soft Sky, Window Sheet
Ink: Ink Refills
Accessories: Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
Tools: Lovely Words Thinlits, Layering Oval Framelits, Big Shot
It’s All in the Details:
- “shaker” equates to silica beads
- yes, the kind that you find in new purses and luggage and such
Crazy! Right? I colored them with my Stampin’ Up! Ink Refills to match my card
It’s easy as 1-2-3
- cut open silica packet and place beads in small container (I used an empty embellishment container)
- add 3-5 drops of Stampin’ Up! Ink Refill
- put lid on and shake
Lovely Words Shaker Card
- Die cut “friend” from Peekaboo Peach cardstock using Lovely Words Thinlits Dies and the largest scalloped oval from Layering Oval Framelits. Die cut Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper with large oval to create window. Glue “friend” cutout onto Designer Series Paper with Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Set aside to dry.
- Using Big Shot and Fluttering Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, emboss Soft Sky cardstock, adhere to Berry Burst card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Fast Fuse adhesive.
- Adhere Window Sheet to Designer Series Paper with Fast Fuse. Tie double bow with Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, adhere with Glue Dots to Designer Series Paper.
- Create safe place Silica beads to shake around in by adhering Adhesive Foam Strips around oval window area (we don’t want any of those little buggers to escape!)
- Carefully place a pile of silica beads on card base (they get a little excited and like to roll around-I put my card base on a paper plate in an effort to contain them). Align and adhere Designer Series Paper layer over silica beads. And shake, shake, shake!
- Address the envelope, adhere stamp and pop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
TIP: I prefer Fast Fuse for getting into all the nooks and crannies of embossed layers.
- Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Berry Burst: 4-1/4″ x 11″ (card base-scored and folded at 5-1/2″)
- Soft Sky: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Peekaboo Peach: 2-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Window Sheet: 2-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
Always take the scenic route.
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
My Project Supply List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
Carols of Christmas Early Release-Available NOW
Want to get a jump on your Christmas preparations?
Now is the time to get those Christmas cards and decorations started with this fabulous and versatile new stamp set.
Check out this video for LOTS of ideas and inspiration.
Ready to join me and my stamping community?
I look forward to welcoming you into our community!
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥