Cable Knit Christmas Quilt?
I know it is the middle of August but Christmas will be here before you know it.
And I thought maybe (and that is a BIG maybe) this year I would try to be better prepared by beginning to create my Christmas cards now.
Never to early to get in the Christmas spirit-especially when it is 100 plus degrees outside.
So with this week’s challenge, I am officially jumping in and starting to dream about a white Christmas with kids sneaking peeks at packages under the Christmas tree.
This week I was inspired by the gorgeous color combination.
Which I just now realize, I created my card using the wrong color of red.
Oops-I used Real Red instead of Cherry Cobbler!
I love the ribbon on this card, it reminds me of the old fashioned ribbon candy.
What did I use to create this Christmas Quilt beauty? (scroll down for complete supply list and links)
Stamp Set: Christmas Quilt
Paper: Real Red, Garden Green and Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Quilted Christmas 1/4″ Ribbon (available Sept. 1, 2017)
Tools: Big Shot, Cable Knit Embossing Folder, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Oval Framelits
It’s All in the Details:
- lots of textures make this card fun
- cable knit embossing
- faux stitching around sentiment
- and the ribbon that looks like candy
- looking for framelit sizes? Click here.
Cable Knit Christmas Quilt Card
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp sentiment (Christmas Quilt stamp set-coming soon) with Real Red ink, die cut with Stitched Shapes Framelit and Big Shot. Die cut coordinating scalloped oval from Layering Ovals Framelits. Adhere ovals together.
- Use Cable Knit embossing folder and Big Shot to create card front with 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White cardstock. Adhere embossed Whisper White to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ Garden Green cardstock then adhere to 4-1/4″ x 11″ Real Red card base.
- Adhere approximately 14″ piece of Quilted Christmas ribbon-coming soon, to card front in a zig zag pattern.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere oval with sentiment over ribbon on card front.
- Address an envelope, write a message inside and drop in the mailbox to brighten someone’s day.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week’s participants.
Always take the scenic route.
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin – sign up now and save 50% if you’re a first time subscriber!
Join my stamping community – enjoy 20-25% discount and much more!
My Cable Knit Christmas Quilt Supply List (click on products to shop online)
Love it and Can’t Live Without It?
You have a couple options for getting all of these little gems…
Click on the picture above or click here, to purchase these products and accessories in my online store
Join my stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- Support and Encouragement from me!
- And much more
Fall into Savings – Paper Pumpkin – ends Sept 10, 2017
FINE DETAILS OF FALL INTO SAVINGS PROMO:
- Only new month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount.
- To participate in this promotion, subscribers must join by Monday, September 10, 2017 at 11:50 PM (MT).
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95 USD/$26.95 CAD.
- New subscribers must visit paperpumpkin.com to join.
- Enter the promo code HALFOFF0917 at paperpumpkin.com to subscribe.
- Unless your new subscriber cancels, their membership will continue at full price after their first kit.
Carols of Christmas Early Release-Available NOW
Want to get a jump on your Christmas preparations?
Now is the time to get those Christmas cards and decorations started with this fabulous and versatile new stamp set.
Check out this video for LOTS of ideas and inspiration.
Ready to join me and my stamping community?
I look forward to welcoming you into our community!
Stampin’ Up! Statement of the Heart
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments…in this we make a difference
♥ ♥ ♥